Want To Be A Coach? Looking To Hire A Coach? These Resources Can Help!
The Professional Coach Is…
- Your partner in achieving business and personal goals
- Your champion during a turnaround
- Your trainer in communication and life skills
- Your sounding board when making choices
- Your motivation when strong actions are called for
- Your unconditional support when you take a hit
- Your co-designer when creating an extraordinary project
- Your beacon during stormy times
- Your wake-up call if you don’t hear your own, and most importantly
- Your coach is your partner in having all of what matters most to you.
Copyright Thomas J. Leonard, 1955-2003, Father of Coaching, Founder of Coach U, Coachville, and two coaching associations ICF, IAC.
Maria Marsala, business coach worked for Thomas from 2000-2003, graduated from Coach U in 2000, and was a founding member of Coachville and the IAC
Results of Landmark ICF Global Coaching Client Study Released for International Coaching Week
From late September through November 2008, 2,165 coaching clients from 64 countries responded to the client survey, which was offered in English, French, German, and Spanish.
The highlights of the survey findings include:
— 96.2 percent of coaching clients report they would repeat their coaching experience.
— 82.7 percent of coaching clients report they are “very satisfied” with their coaching experience.
— The top three motivations for obtaining coaching are 1) Self-esteem/Self-confidence (40.9 percent); 2) Work/Life Balance (35.6 percent); and Career Opportunities (26.8 percent).
— The largest cluster of coaching clients are between the ages of 36 and 45 (35.9 percent).
— The duration for the average coaching relationship for survey participants was 12.8 months.
10 Of The Main Places Where Financial Advisors Get Stuck
- How to have a full-filling life AND run a viable business at the same time
- Managing your growing team or customers
- Managing your own time
- Running the operations or management of your business (or both)
- Turning strangers into clients
- Getting referrals
- Figuring out the best ways to sell, market, networking
- Determining which social networking sites to use, for how long, and for what reasons
- Determining how to be a better leader
- Developing or bringing in new products to sell to their current clients.
If you’re stuck in one or more of those places, start here
- Many Financial Advisors Waste Their Money On Coaching Forbes 2014
- Should You Hire A Coach? USNews 2014
- Ready for the Big Leagues? Ask a Career Coach NYT, 2012
- Why Being Coaches is ImportantFM Magazine, 2012
- Should a Life Coach have a Life First?b NYT, 2012
- Harvard Business Blog, 2008
- How to Find the Right Coach to Help with Your Career
- Watch Out for “Red Flags” in the Search for a Coach to Help with Your Career
- Choosing The Right Business Consultant, Business Trainer or Business Coach Updated 2015
- Should You Work with a Coach to Enhance Your Career? Get the FAQs by Katharine Hansen for Quint Careers.com 01/03
- Ready to hire a Business Coach? Request a Quick Talk session.
10 Reasons to Hire Coach Maria
by Maria Marsala
Summary: Considering hiring a coach? These are just some of the ways Maria can assist you.
Basic Coaching Information
- Getting ‘unstuck’: Does your life need a coach? CNN Magazine 8/07
- Do You Need A Coach? Inc. Magazine 4/06
- Get The Right Coach Inc. Magazine 4/06
- What Kind Of Coach Do You Need Inc. Magazine 4/06
- Need some motivation? Someone to show you the ropes? A business coach can help you push your startup to its limits.Entrepreneur Magazine 1/06
- Finding The Right CoachEntrepreneur Magazine 1/05
- What an Executive Coach Can Do for You 6/05
- Coaching can make a difference in career success.Seattle Times 9/01
- Coaches Can Help Guide Career, LifeRaleigh News & Observer, 4/00
- Coaches Advise Professionals, EntrepreneursMilwaukee Business Journal 4/00
Coaching Schools and Programs
- Coach U (I’m a 2000 graduate)
- CoachvilleI worked for the founder, Thomas Leonard.
- International Coaching Association (ICA)I’m a founding member
- International Coaching Federation (ICF) Coaching School List
- Peer Resources, Canada